corner corner Buttons and Bones

Buttons and Bones
by Monica Ferris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingSouthernfryedwing of Lexington, South Carolina USA on 9/7/2016

status (set by emmejo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 07, 2016

On Saturday, 9/3/2016, fellow bookcrosser, josierivers and I hit a couple of Labor Day Library book sales. This is one of my purchases.

8/6/2017
Fun, easy read-even though I had the murder all figured out long before the "sleuth." Passing this book to my sister.

9/16/2017
sister brought it back-reserving for Halloween release

to the finder:
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!
Please make a journal entry to let me know this book is safe. You may remain anonymous if you wish. If you are new to bookcrossing and decide to join, please consider using SOUTHERNFRYED as the referring member. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, October 20, 2017

Released 11 mos ago (10/20/2017 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

it's in the mail-Happy Halloween!

Journal Entry 3 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017

This arrived today. Thank you for the books and other goodies!

Journal Entry 4 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, May 18, 2018

I didn't find this as entertaining as the other book from this series. One big thing that was bothering me was some of the author's writing choices. Her portrayals of kids felt extremely unrealistic, and a lot of the dialogue was "off", meaning I was pulled out of the mystery to spend time trying to figure out why a particular paragraph read so poorly and mentally rearranging sentences.

The mystery itself wasn't very interesting to me either, and I nearly put this down several times, but wanted to keep going since I had liked the other book and there were some side characters and subplots I found appealing. I ended up taking it with me to read during lunch at work. I finished it, but found it largely forgettable.

Hopefully the next reader will find it more enjoyable!

Journal Entry 5 by wingemmejowing at Little Free Library #2086 in Ithaca, New York USA on Monday, May 28, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (5/28/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library #2086 in Ithaca, New York USA

Added to the LFL