Last Man in Tower Ome Edition

by Adiga Aravind | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by kizmiaz of Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 8/30/2016
Journal Entry 1 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, August 30, 2016
"A tale of one man refusing to leave his home in the face of property development. Tower A is a relic from a co-operative housing society established in the 1950s. When a property developer offers to buy out the residents for eye-watering sums, the principled yet arrogant teacher is the only one to refuse the offer, determined not to surrender his sentimental attachment to his home and his right to live in it, in the name of greed. His neighbours gradually relinquish any similar qualms they might have and, in a typically blunt satirical premise take matters into their own hands, determined to seize their slice of the new Mumbai as it transforms from stinky slum to silvery skyscrapers at dizzying, almost gravity-defying speed."

Released 2 yrs ago (9/3/2016 UTC) at Aeropuerto Internacional in Bogota- El dorado Airport, -- Airports & Planes -- Colombia

If you caught it why not read it?

Journal Entry 3 by wingcontowing at Bogotá, Distrito Capital Colombia on Saturday, October 01, 2016

It wasn't released after all because I asked my friend to let me read it first.
I liked it quite a lot because it's a tale of ordinary people, as I like so much. Just found the ending a bit awkward, when the "darker" character suddenly regains a conscience; not so much the "not doing the simple thing" but his reactions towards the others and the whole situation after it.

I'll now release it in Colombia, as it was meant.
Thanks for sharing!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingcontowing at Hostal Casa Nacuma in Barichara, Santander Colombia on Saturday, October 01, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/2/2016 UTC) at Hostal Casa Nacuma in Barichara, Santander Colombia

That´s right!
If you caught it why not read it?