Poor Things

by Alasdair Gray | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by anathema-device of Wien Bezirk 20 - Brigittenau, Wien Austria on 8/29/2016
Journal Entry 1 by anathema-device from Wien Bezirk 20 - Brigittenau, Wien Austria on Monday, August 29, 2016
Charity fleamarket find.

Journal Entry 2 by anathema-device at Wien Bezirk 20 - Brigittenau, Wien Austria on Sunday, February 4, 2024
Last Wednesday we went to see Miyazaki's The Boy and the Heron. (Batshit! Loved it!) I noticed the poster for the adaptation of Poor Things and remembered I'd had this book sitting on my to-be-read shelf since 2016. Out of reawakened curiosity, I immediately picked it up to read. It's multi-layered and very well-constructed. Albeit a work of (postmodern) fiction, it deliberately leaves it up to the reader to decide which fiction to "believe" in. I loved the fake Kipling poem in the end notes, as well as a lot of other contrived little gems. I loved its politics. And now I'm quite interested in the film (although I can't imagine how to convert all the things that text is capable of into a medium that has very little text, even though it can do other things).

**** Permanent Collection ****