The Confession of Stella Moon

by Shelley Day | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1910192414 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/28/2016
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 28, 2016
Stella Moon, self-confessed killer of her own mother, has just got out of prison. But the shadows of her old life won't let her move on, and she ends up having to stay in her grandmother's boarded-up boarding house with the creepy Frank Fanshaw, as more and more dark secrets from her past emerge. Incredibly intense, with descriptions that make your skin crawl, you feel you're really there with the characters and the book is a total page-turner as Stella grips onto you and won't let go!

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 31, 2016
This book will travel in a ray.

Here is the order:
Plum-crazy (in UK, post UK, or Europe if needed)
Diane-Fraser (in UK, post UK, or Europe or international if needed)
Icila (in France, post anywhere)
BaiLong (in China, post anywhere)
azuki (in US, post ?)
minesayn (in US, post US or international if needed)
Bookworm-lady (in Spain, post Europe or international if needed)
Flutterbies9 (In UK, post UK or EU)

Please don't keep the book for more than two months, and please could you all post a review on Amazon?

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (9/6/2016 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

On its way to Plum-crazy who is first in the ray. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 08, 2016
It's here! Really loooking forward to this....thanks greenbadger :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 14, 2016
This has to be one of the most creepy & atmospheric...& at times harrowing... stories I've read in a long time.

The prologue is Stella's statement to the police so we know she killed her mother but the reason isn't known to either the reader or it would appear, to Stella. Released from prison Stella heads for home.The thought of Stella returning to the old boarding house where she'd once lived filled me with trepidation, a dank & gloomy building that wouldn't have been out of place in a horror novel was all the more scary for the memories it was hiding.

The characters were just as unpleasant as the house as well as being manipulative, all with their own agendas . I didn't like any of them (though mainly Frank & Ruby) but I don't mean that in a bad way! The writer did such a good job of portraying their darker sides, how could you feel anything but anger/frustration/despair (take your pick!) at the way they treated Stella. - even Probation Officer Gareth seemed to see Stella only as a means to further his career. As to Stella herself, strangely, while I wanted her to learn the truth about her past I never felt much sympathy for her. As for Baby Keating though, on two occasions I swear when I realised what was happening, my skin literally crawled *shudder*

For me,the epilogue, in the form of a letter to Marcia tied in beautifully with the start of the book bringing it a full circle.

A truly original read, I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (9/27/2016 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Diane-Fraser.....

Journal Entry 7 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 28, 2016
OMG! It's here already. Now do I take it to Benidorm or.........
nah it'll wait until I get back, I want to enjoy the sun, sea and sangria and keep the glue on the spine ;-)

Can't wait, thanks for passing it on Plum-crazy.

Journal Entry 8 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18, 2016
I loved it. Creepy and full of suspense. Living in the area it is based in also was a bonus, catching a bus down Chillingham Road was really easy to visualise - shops and all!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, October 21, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/21/2016 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Dropped it in to the Post Office this evening - off to Icila ☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, October 30, 2016
And here it is ! Thank you and a bag of kisses for all of you.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, November 04, 2016
I loved it too. A jolly good job !
Thank you greenbadger for sharing.

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (11/8/2016 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to China. Enjoy !

Journal Entry 13 by BaiLong at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Friday, December 09, 2016
Got it, thanks!

Journal Entry 14 by BaiLong at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Monday, January 09, 2017
A gripping read. It was fascinating plunging in the mind and history of the different characters.

Journal Entry 15 by BaiLong at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 09, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (1/9/2017 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, February 04, 2017
A few days ago I got a post office slip that I have a register mail to pick up. I was totally puzzled as to what it could be. Finally get today off to go to the post office, and surprise, it's a book from Shanghai! Even the post office clerk was intrigued about a book that came half way around the world by registered mail.

So book has safely arrived. I'm making a slow going with another book right now, will start on this next.

Journal Entry 17 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, February 24, 2017
An intense story, the author is very good at building suspense and pushing the story along, showing all the characters with their dark sides (except for the angelic Marcia.) At the end of the story I still don't know exactly what happened, but things are resolved, and it was a good read. I do find that Frank in the last few chapters seem too different from the Frank in the first half, it's hard to consider him the same character.

Thanks for sharing, I have minesayn's address and will mail it out next week.

Journal Entry 18 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Saturday, April 08, 2017
Picked this up at the post office today because of postage due. Will read and get it sent out as soon as possible to the next reader in the ring/ray.

Journal Entry 19 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Monday, May 15, 2017
Matricide? It just sounds creepy, doesn't it? And it is just the one thing the reader knows from the outset, that Stella Moon confessed to killing her mother, Muriel.

Stella has served her sentence, and she is now out of prison, but things are not what they seem. Making her way back to the house she grew up in, Stella finds a boarded-up wreck of a place and trouble, lots of trouble as memories crowd in. Creepy and mesmerizing, this story will give the reader chills, cause the reader to shudder as the story is slowly revealed. Poor Stella...everyone has used her in one way or the other except for Marcia.
Marcia may be the sole redeeming character.

The epilogue is a must read as the reader learns about Stella's ultimate fate, and the story wraps around nicely.

Thanks greenbadger for starting this ring; thanks azuki for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 20 by wingminesaynwing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/16/2017 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Sending via the post...hope it arrives in a timely manner.
PS. Reviews posted on Amazon and Goodreads.

Journal Entry 21 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, May 23, 2017
And the book is here!
Thanks for sending it all the way from U.S.A., Minesayn, and thanks for sharing, Greenbadger.
I have enjoyed reading all your reviews; as I seem to be last in the bookray, I can take my time to read it...

Journal Entry 22 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, August 16, 2018
Currently reading it.
A new BCer was added to the list, Flutterbies9, so I will ask for her address and send it on as soon as I finish reading it.
Thanks for sharing, greenbadger! :)

Journal Entry 23 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, August 31, 2018
Well, I have mixed opinions about this novel.
On one hand, I found it quite compelling and could not stop reading it, many plot twists and turns to keep you guessing.
But on the other hand, I found it grim and rather depressing, too much dirt, darkness and vomiting... I don't understand why Stella did not accept the initial offer for good lodgings, except for the fact that this would have not led to everything that happened to her during the novel.
I found no likable characters, no-one to relate to... Even Marcia is quite an abstract, as we only know her through Stella's eyes... I agree with Azuki regarding Frank, what a complete transformation!
Thanks for sharing, Greenbadger, and sorry that I kept it for so long, it will soon continue to its new reader...

Journal Entry 24 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, September 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (9/15/2018 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to the next (and last) reader in this bookray.
Sorry for my delay... and enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 25 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, September 28, 2018
Many thanks for this book. The book reached me safely on Wednesday although it has taken me until Friday to journal it, my fault entirely. Been trying to get out my fifth bookbox of the week and doing things in batches of books to go and to journal.

I see I am the last in this ray at present (perhaps someone else may join as I did) so good to have some time to read this as my tbr piles are toppling over now!