The Dressmaker

by Rosalie Ham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by luckaye of Crestmead, Queensland Australia on 1/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by luckaye from Crestmead, Queensland Australia on Friday, January 27, 2017
I enjoyed the book, but didn't expect it to be so different to the movie. I actually think I prefer the storyline of the movie better.

Journal Entry 2 by luckaye at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Friday, January 27, 2017

Released 7 yrs ago (1/27/2017 UTC) at Logan City, Queensland Australia

Seeing to a friend as they expressed interest in the book after reading my review on Goodreads.

Journal Entry 3 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, April 13, 2017
Book arrived today! Thank you :)

Journal Entry 4 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Friday, June 30, 2017
I'm probably one of the many people that wanted to read the book after seeing the movie. When the movie came out, I had no desire to see it, as it looked like it was just another romantic comedy, judging from the trailer. It wasn't until it came out on DVD and my local public library stocked it, that I thought to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised.
Having now read the book, I can see how faithful the movie was to it. There were some changes made but the movie still had the main and minor characters, the events, and the wry, black humour. How I loved the humour. And the running theme of comeuppance.
I dare say some of the references throughout the book might be puzzling to non-Australians (iced vo-vo, anyone) and the brand of wicked humour may not appeal, but for me, it hit the spot.

Journal Entry 5 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Friday, July 7, 2017

Journal Entry 6 by libertine101 at Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Friday, July 7, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (7/2/2017 UTC) at Perth City, Western Australia Australia

I took this book along to be local bookclub meetup and noticed that it was taken by a friend of mine.