The Angel's Game

by Zafón, Carlos Ruiz | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 8/19/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, August 19, 2016
Return to the gothic universe of the Cemetery of the Forgotten Books and the winding streets of Barcelona’s old quarter.

In an abandoned mansion at the heart of Barcelona, a young man – David Martin – makes his living by writing sensationalist novels under a pseudonym. The survivor of a troubled childhood, he has taken refuge in the world of books, and spends his nights spinning baroque tales about the city’s underworld. But perhaps his dark imaginings are not as strange as they seem, for in a locked room deep within the house, lie letters hinting at the mysterious death of the previous owner. Like a slow poison, the history of the place seeps into his bones as he struggles with an impossible love.

Then David receives the offer of a lifetime: he is to write a book with the power to change hearts and minds. In return, he will receive a fortune, perhaps more. But as David begins the work, he realises that there is a connection between this haunting book and the shadows that surround his home.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, August 20, 2016
My thoughts on another version of this book: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8045589

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, September 17, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (8/20/2016 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

This book, that's on the wishlist of one of the participants in Oppem's birthday group, is on its way to..... Ha, not telling yet!

Directly from BW-Books it hopefully is in time to participate in the festivities.
Happy Birthday!!

Journal Entry 4 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Sunday, October 23, 2016
Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift! This author is a genius and I can't wait to read this!

Journal Entry 5 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Thursday, September 14, 2017
Wow, well I don't know exactly what all to say on this one. It definitely messed with my mind---I'm still not totally sure I completely comprehend everything I just read...especially the "little girl twist" at the end. I still think Zafon is definitely a genius...but there was a LOT going on in this book and I've come away feeling pretty confused.

This book came to me with a lovely hand-painted bookmark that I just adore. It's very fitting for the setting of this book so I will let them travel together.

Reserving for the Books I've Read VBB.

Sending to rhythmbiscuit who chose it from the VBB. Enjoy!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)

Journal Entry 7 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Thank you for this book and for the gorgeous bookmark! I look forward to reading this novel.