corner corner Wild Horses

I'm yours till we part.

Wild Horses
by Dick Francis | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 2/3/2018

status (set by goldenwattle): available

Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, February 03, 2018

Once a blacksmith, now famous and respected as a newspaperman, Valentine Clark knows everyone who is anyone in the racing world. Aged, confused, blind and dying, he harbours a daunting secret that he is desperate to be rid of. he makes his last confession to his visiting film-director friend, Thomas Lyon, whom in his delirium he mistakes for a priest. Unburdened and at peace, Valentine passes away, yet his legacy remains, guarded by Thomas.
On location in Newmarket, Thomas is troubled by the old man's secret. Seeking to understand this puzzling revelation, he uncovers a long-unsolved mystery that he soon finds is very much unforgotten. But as much as he wants to learn more, it seems he already knows too much. Imaginative and decisive though he may be, he will need superhuman courage and extreme cunning to stay alive.

Given to me for Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, February 04, 2018

I have read several of Dick Francis books, but this one I enjoyed less than the others. Either it is not as good, or to me they are beginning to have a sameness to them.