Bury Your Dead (Chief Inspector Gamache)

I'm yours till we part.
by Louise Penny | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 3/13/2018
Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, March 13, 2018
As Quebec City shivers in the grip of winter, its ancient stone walls cracking in the cold, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache plunges into the strangest case of his celebrated career. A man has been brutally murdered in one of the city's oldest buildings, a library where the English citizens of Quebec safeguard their history. And the death opens a door into the past, exposing a mystery that has lain dormant for centuries, a mystery Gamache must solve if he's to catch a present-day killer.

Bought from BetterWorldBooks. Ex library book from Kirklees Libraries, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Another interesting story from Louise Penny; this time two unrelated murders; one in Québec and the other a follow up of the murder in Three Pines, which occurred in the previous book. The one in Québec is tired in with ancient history of the city, so a multifaceted story.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Crace, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Thursday, April 26, 2018

Released 6 yrs ago (4/28/2018 UTC) at Crace, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Released at our April Bookcrossing meet-up at 'The District' (café & pub) in Crace, ACT.

The District

Journal Entry 4 by 42again at Griffith, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, January 26, 2019
Taken from table at Bookcrossing meeting at Gryphons Caffe Bar at the Griffith shops.

Released 5 yrs ago (1/26/2019 UTC) at Cafe at Griffith shops in Griffith, Australian Capital Territory Australia

At Canberra bookcrossers monthly meeting

Journal Entry 6 by 42again at Griffith, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, February 3, 2019
This is the first Canadian police/suspense novel I have read. It inspired me to look up Samuel de Champlain online.

Journal Entry 7 by 42again at Bittersweet in Kingston, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, February 9, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (2/9/2019 UTC) at Bittersweet in Kingston, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Left in magazine rack just inside the door.

Journal Entry 8 by Hotfrog at Kingston, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
I picked this one up in Bittersweet quite a while ago. Passed it to a friend but it has now come back to me in a bag of books.
Leaving in the street library, Barracks Flat Drive Karabar.
Hope someone will find it and journal it.

Journal Entry 9 by Hotfrog at Queanbeyan, New South Wales Australia on Friday, January 26, 2024
2 years later and it's still (or back) in the street library. Collected it today.

Journal Entry 10 by wingSkyringwing at Reid, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Looks like a winter book. Collected from the pile at the local BC meetup.

Journal Entry 11 by wingSkyringwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, May 8, 2024
I added this book to the bookshelf in my sweet AirBnB in Tampere. May it continue to delight readers on its travels.