corner corner Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

I'm yours till we part.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 2/5/2018

status (set by goldenwattle): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, February 05, 2018

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans--except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.

Bought from BetterWorldBooks.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, February 05, 2018

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous ones. This book solidified my ideas of what I thought of the characters. My views of Katniss are fairly neutral; maybe leaning to the negative side. I did not understand why she chose Peeta over Gale. Gale was her childhood friend; he had a sparkle that the 'log' Peeta did not. The author wanted this though and to that end I would guess introduced some negatives about Gale's character in the final book to try to sway us to Peeta. I found that late introduction to that information annoying and too obviously manipulate.
I wondered how much of the world the zones covered. Was it a single continent, or the whole world, and if not the whole world, what was happening elsewhere? It came across to me as one continent.
Despite my negative comments about the final book, it does finish off the series and so is worth reading for that.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Queanbeyan, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Planned Release in 1 day (2/24/2018 4:00 AM UTC) at Queanbeyan, New South Wales Australia

Released at the local Bookcrossing meet-up; this month at 'Riverbank of Queanbeyan Cafe', Queanbeyan, NSW. Enjoy :)