corner corner Inspector Singh Investigates: A Calamitous Chinese Killing

I'm yours till we part.

Inspector Singh Investigates: A Calamitous Chinese Killing
by Shamini Flint | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 1/15/2018

status (set by goldenwattle): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, January 15, 2018

Inspector Singh's expertise is required in China in his sixth adventure, as he battles political intrigue to get to the bottom of a very murky and complex crime Inspector Singh is on a mission to China, against his better judgement. The son of a bigwig at the Singapore Embassy has been bludgeoned to death in a back alley in Beijing. The Chinese security insist that he was the victim of a robbery gone wrong, but the young man's mother demands that Singapore's finest (in his own opinion) rides to the rescue. But solving a murder in a country that practices socialism "with Chinese characteristics" is a dangerous business, and it soon becomes apparent that getting to the bottom of this calamitous killing will be his toughest case yet.

Bought from Better World Books. Ex library stock from Bristol Libraries, UK. Appears unread.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, January 20, 2018

I selected this book for one of my holiday reads. Another Inspector Singh book I have enjoyed. This time set in China. The Inspector is called in when the Singaporean son of an embassy official is killed. Involves official corruption, greed and the embassy official's slimy husband. A good read.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Chinatown Gate, Dixon St Mall in Haymarket, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, January 20, 2018

Released 4 wks ago (1/21/2018 UTC) at Chinatown Gate, Dixon St Mall in Haymarket, New South Wales Australia

Released in China Town, Haymarket, NSW. (I saw it picked up.)

If you take this book the previous readers would really appreciate if you could please log your find. That way we can all follow the book's journey. Bookcrossing is spam free and your details are private, or you can log the find anonymously. Thank you and enjoy the read.

Inspector Singh Investigates_A Calamitous Chinese Killing

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing