Jazz Survivor

The Power of Literature
by Ken Shuldman | History |
Registered by Libre-Muncher of Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on 4/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Libre-Muncher from Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Sunday, April 14, 2019

I bought this book with many misgivings. It is yet another story of the horrors of the Nazi internment camps during that war. It is about a man who survived a couple of these camps mostly because he was a musician and his talent was appreciated by some of the most monstrous and sadistic criminals known to the human (?) race. I feared that this person actually survived as a traitor to his country, his friends and family and to his beliefs. In spite of that preconception, I bought the book and read it. It is a short book (I read the entire story in one afternoon).

I was wrong in my initial prejudice about the man and the story. He was certainly not a traitor, but he was a frantic and resourceful, not to say talented victim of that fascist mob that ruled much of Europe in the late 1930's and 40's.

There are some horrible incidents described in this book, but no book about the Nazi regime could be written without those stories.

I do not think that I am giving away anything to potential readers of this book, in fact you might wish to know this before you decide to read this book when I say; it does have a happy ending.