The Cranston Gibberer

by Martin Mundt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/14/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 14, 2016
I found this slim softcover at a local Savers thrift shop, and couldn't resist the title. It looks to be a parody of Lovecraftian horror - will have to see how successful it turns out to be.

Later: OK, the title's apt - very apt. I appreciated the concept, but in practice it wasn't all that much fun to read: the ravings of a Lovecraftian-hero-type *after* he's read one too many tomes or seen one too many eldritch abominations. There are amusing bits, such as when cans of beans become an object of fixation (rather than, say, tombs or weird paintings), but it wasn't as amusing as I'd hoped. Still gotta love that title, though!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Folly Cove Landing in Gloucester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 08, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/7/2016 UTC) at Folly Cove Landing in Gloucester, Massachusetts USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, at the base of an informational sign near this little cove on a really beautiful day. Hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released as part of the 2016 Spooktacular Halloween release challenge. ***