Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution

by Michelle Moran | Unknown |
Registered by jennannej of Coronado, California USA on 8/13/2016
Journal Entry 1 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Friend recommended, so I bought from Better World Books and they sent me a discard from my old hometown library! So weird!

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej at Coronado, California USA on Tuesday, September 20, 2016
An interesting view to take of the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror. The problem I have reading these books, knowing history, I want to yell at the characters: What are you doing?! DO the other thing!!

I didn't give it very high stars because I didn't love the characters. I never felt that I truly understood any of them. It wasn't a book that kept me reading. I was plugging away because a friend recommended it so highly!

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej at Little Free Library #28747 - Coronado Beach in Coronado, California USA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (11/1/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #28747 - Coronado Beach in Coronado, California USA

Swapped this one for a Tracy Chevalier book.

Journal Entry 4 by GretchenM at Coronado, California USA on Friday, January 20, 2017
I haven't finished the book but so far I'm enjoying it! I didn't pay very close attention to history classes in school - in retrospect they were pretty male oriented and I couldn't relate. When history is presented in this way and from a feminine perspective, I get a lot more out of it.