Arson and Old Lace (Far Wychwood Mysteries, No. 1)

by Patricia Harwin | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 8/10/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, August 10, 2016
I read this years ago, so have forgotten many details. I liked the main character, Catherine Penny, an older American woman settling in the UK after a divorce. She reminded me of Miss Marple, though perhaps not (yet) quite as astute. The Cotswolds setting was an enjoyable part of the story. An interesting cast of supporting characters made this an enjoyable read.

Amazon:
"You're a librarian, not a detective," Catherine Penny's daughter reminds her. But Catherine, suddenly single in her sixties, finds it easy to slip into sleuthing mode when she leaves behind New York City and a failed marriage for a lovely 17th century cottage in the idyllic English village of Far Wychwood.
But behind the town's quaint stone walls and lace-curtained windows lurk dark secrets and whispers of witchcraft. And when her crusty neighbor George Crocker dies in a tragic fire, Catherine alone suspects arson. Lacking hard evidence, the police pay little attention, and the villagers swear she must be mistaken. Catherine, however, is one feisty expatriate American who leaves no stone unturned when circumstances point to murder. She may not be Miss Marple--yet--but her ingenious knack for uncovering the truth is about to take Far Wychwood by storm!
-----------------
Reserved for Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB.
EDIT: Unclaimed from the VBB so will wild release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 111 Arlington St. in Medford, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/30/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 111 Arlington St. in Medford, Massachusetts USA

Left at about 4:15. Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for zbird's Clean Start for the New Year challenge hosted by BOOKWORMINUSALL, for "and".

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!