The Bees

by Laline Paull | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by GateGypsy of Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on 7/26/2016
Journal Entry 1 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 26, 2016
This was a gift for my BookCrossing/BookObsessed friend HoserLauren. I hope you enjoy reading & releasing this!

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Thanks GG! I'm looking forward to this one :)

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 19, 2020
An incredibly unique story, but one that just didn't sit right with me all the time. The first 15% of the book seemed to be Paull sending the main character through all the jobs of the hive just for the sake of telling the reader what jobs bees do.
The whole of the book happens because the main character, Flora, gets plucked at her emergence for a sister to experiment with her. This never happens ever again and all the other information told about those sisters makes them sound like this is something they would never do.
This type of storytelling, for me, was the downfall of the book. The author just trying to do things for the sake of not knowing how else to tell the reader and it not always making sense or sometimes seeming forced.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (7/1/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.