Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

by Rick Riordan | Teens |
ISBN: 0141319135 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 7/24/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, July 24, 2016
I originally picked this book up from one of the local charity shops and had it on my bookshelf for a very long time not thinking that I would enjoy it very much but I was pleasantly surprised with this book, I was hooked from the very beginning I thought it was a very original idea mixing the old Greek gods with the modern day civilisation. I also thought that it was very well written, and was a definite page turner. The plot and story was very good and easy to follow and the characters were easily relatable, and had very good chemistry. I would highly recommend this book to all ages of people.

Now reserved for the mythological sweepstakes

Journal Entry 2 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (8/30/2016 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Now off to the winner of the mythological sweepstakes

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by winglinguistkriswing at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Wow, thank you Abi! I haven't read any of the series yet (nor watched the movies), so I am curious to make Percy's acquaintance. The fact that you liked it so much is certainly motivating!

Journal Entry 4 by winglinguistkriswing at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Yes, I agree: This definitely is a fun and engaging read that should appeal to a wide range of people.
The trouble is, I read this right after Runemarks, and compared to that, Percy simply fell a bit short. Both books make a perfect "tandem read", as they have a lot in common: there is a young hero who is suddenly faced with a pantheon of gods that they thought fictional or at best long-forgotten, a hunt for mysterious artifacts, divine scheming and plotting and family secrets, and the threat of nothing less than the end of the world. But while Runemarks is told by an omniscient narrator, this is in Percy's own teenage voice, which makes for pleasant, simple and fun reading, but also for rather little depth.
Still, Percy's adventures are very entertaining, and it's a lot of fun to spot all the allusions to mythological creatures. I'd likely read the other installments of the series if I found them, but I'm not enthusiastic enough to actually put them on my wishlist. :)

Journal Entry 5 by winglinguistkriswing at Sweepstakes, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 23, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/23/2016 UTC) at Sweepstakes, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations on winning the amazing supernatural sweepstakes! I hope you don't know this already and that you'll enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, November 09, 2016
Received today for the supernatural sweeps

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Is going to the winner of the mythological sweeps

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, March 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 9 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Thursday, March 29, 2018
Thank you for the book, Lamilla! And for the beautiful postcard! I've listened to the entire series on audio book (with distracted attention as I was doing so while working) and seen the movie, but never actually read them. It will be fun to revisit Percy's world and this time to pay more attention to it!

Journal Entry 10 by wingSpatialwing at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 15, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

One of the books for the Book Buffet
at the BCinDC Holiday Party!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Journal Entry 11 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, December 17, 2018
I found this book at the book buffet of the annual BCinDC holiday party in the new home of authorauthor. This book caught my eye because patrons of my Little Free Library like books by Rick Riordan.

Thanks for this book, Spatial! It was fun seeing you today. Happy holidays!

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2019 Four Elements Release Challenge hosted by Firegirl. The book's title or author contains the word LIGHTNING.

*** The 2019 Oh the Places We Can Go Release Challenge hosted by Secretariat. This book's title contains the word JACKSON. Jackson is a town in the Jackson Hole valley of Teton County, Wyoming, United States.

--------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!