A Treacherous Likeness (Charles Maddox 3)

by Lynn Shepherd | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 7/10/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 10, 2016
If you have picked up this book, thank you for visiting the website. Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously will know where it is! Then post a review when you've read it, and pass it on to someone else when you've finished it. If you join BookCrossing, you, too, can see where it goes next...

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2016
In the dying days of 1850 the young detective Charles Maddox takes on a new case. His client? The only surviving son of the long-dead poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, and his wife Mary, author of Frankenstein. Charles soon finds himself being drawn into the bitter battle being waged over the poet's literary legacy, but then he makes a chance discovery that raises new doubts about the death of Shelley's first wife, Harriet, and he starts to question whether she did indeed kill herself, or whether what really happened was far more sinister than suicide. As he's drawn deeper into the tangled web of the past, Charles discovers darker and more disturbing secrets, until he comes face to face with the terrible possibility that his own great-uncle is implicated in a conspiracy to conceal the truth that stretches back more than thirty years.The story of the Shelleys is one of love and death, of loss and betrayal.

Released 6 yrs ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

To be taken to the Uncon

Journal Entry 4 by retromonkey at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 7, 2016
Had a fab time at the bookcrossing unconvention in Birmingham. Picked up this fantastic find! Was gutted that this author didn't make it as I enjoyed her first novel. Didn't realise she'd written another one. I look forward to reading this one. I like the links with other authors in her novels.

Left in the phone box library

Journal Entry 6 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Picked this up when Retromonkey and I went to some local phone box book exchanges. We're trying to sort through our books, and I think this *might* be on my wishlist. TBR, unless it's a duplicate!