The Red Thread: A Novel

by Ann Hood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 7/6/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, July 06, 2016
trade-size paperback.

from the back cover:
In China there is a belief that people who are destined to be together are connected by an invisible red thread. Who is at the end of your red thread?

*selected from the genlit vbb - to be sent week of 9/8/16

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (9/7/2016 UTC) at Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Sent on as requested from the GenLit VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Arrived over the weekend! Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Added to booklady331’s Already Been Crossed VBB, but this is my current read!

Journal Entry 5 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Saturday, February 16, 2019
Ready to move on

Journal Entry 6 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
Chosen by Nancy Nova from the already been crossed VBB

Journal Entry 7 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 25, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/24/2019 UTC) at Snellville, Georgia USA

In the mail!

Journal Entry 8 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, May 05, 2019
got here a few days ago, but realized I didn't check it in! Added it and moved it up with the other ABC TBRs. Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 10, 2020
Bookbox; the book shifts back and forth between the couples adopting Chinese girls from the Red Thread adoption agency and how the various Chinese mothers had to abandon their daughters. And the agency owner's belief that a red thread connects the birth mother and the adoptive mother to the right baby for them to adopt.

Journal Entry 10 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, July 13, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (7/13/2020 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Wishlist book!

Journal Entry 11 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, August 01, 2020
Thank you for sending me this book that I have been wanting to read for a while. So excited!!

Journal Entry 12 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2020
This beautifully written novel of adoption: the pain of losing a child, the desire for a child. These two themes are interwoven for the characters but not in a confusing way. It is done to show the red thread that binds these character’s lives together. The struggle of leaving a child with a hope they have a better life. The desire to find a child that leads couples to The Red Thread Adoption Agency. The agency started by Maya Lange after a tragic accident in the hopes she can redeem herself. I believe she has. What do you think? Read it and share.

I think you will fall in love with the story as well as the author.

Journal Entry 13 by dvg at BC friend, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 19, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/20/2020 UTC) at BC friend, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This is now traveling to Spoiledrotten. I know you will enjoy this one.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 14 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Monday, October 26, 2020
Thanks so much for the RABCK, this looks like a book I will really enjoy. I. Have two books after my current read, then I will read this one!