Ballet Shoes

by Noel Streatfield | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 6/28/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 28, 2016
I found this book in an awesome booksale at a charity shop in my neighbouring city of Guelph, ON. I have brought it one town south to Cambridge, where I plan to read it before I set it free. It seems that this book is kind of a classic, but I am not familiar with it. I do remember hearing of it, when I think about it, because there was once a movie version of it on Netflix (starring Emma Watson) but I didn't get a chance to watch it so I still don't know the story! I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, and I am not actually judging it, but I have to admit that liking the cover of the book did factor in to my choosing it! That, and the fact that it was a fantastic deal :) TBR!

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 27, 2018
I read this a very long time ago, and it seems that I forgot to journal with my thoughts when I finished reading-- sorry! Anyway, it's been sitting in my pile of books to be released for quite a lot of 2018 at least. Since there are a lot of dance-related places around (dance wear shops, performance spaces, and most of all schools) I have been hoping to use it for a themed release.

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at Detroit Institute of Arts in Detroit, Michigan USA on Saturday, April 20, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2019 UTC) at Detroit Institute of Arts in Detroit, Michigan USA

I'm in Detroit for the first time ever (not counting driving straight through for border crossing purposes/transferring at the airport)! One of the main objectives of this trip was to visit DIA; it's in a book I have of 1000 Places in Canada and the USA to See Before You Die, and it's home to a painting I really love! The painting is one of Degas's dancer series, so I chose this book to leave with the painting. Unfortunately, the painting is not here right now (it's in Buffalo which, of course, is twice as close as Detroit for me) but I left the book in the painting's home, anyway. I put it on the bench in the centre of the room where the ballerinas normally hang.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2019 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. Detroit was Town #17 for me!