Revolutionary Road

by Richard Yates | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Lubiette of Kallithea, Attica Greece on 6/28/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Lubiette from Kallithea, Attica Greece on Tuesday, June 28, 2016
In the hopeful 1950s, Frank and April Wheeler appear to be a model couple: bright, beautiful, talented, with two young children and a starter home in the suburbs. Perhaps they married too young and started a family too early. Maybe Frank's job is dull. And April never saw herself as a housewife. Yet they have always lived on the assumption that greatness is only just around the corner. But now that certainty is about to crumble.With heartbreaking compassion and remorseless clarity, Richard Yates shows how Frank and April mortgage their spiritual birthright, betraying not only each other, but their best selves.

Journal Entry 2 by Lubiette at Athens Sports Bar in Koukaki, Attica Greece on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/30/2016 UTC) at Athens Sports Bar in Koukaki, Attica Greece

Released at the special mini meet-up with prachitulshan !

Journal Entry 3 by prachitulshan at Kolkata, West Bengal India on Thursday, July 07, 2016
Thank you Lubiette! I'm so happy we could have our mini-meetup, even if for a short while. I really appreciate that you picked out two books for me that you'd read and enjoyed. Looking forward to reading these and eventually passing on!

Journal Entry 4 by prachitulshan at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Thursday, July 07, 2016