Coyote Waits

by Tony Hillerman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 6/26/2016
Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, June 26, 2016
To share

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, March 11, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Indigenous Peoples bookbox.

I've enjoyed other books by Hillerman, and this one was another good read - lots of emphasis on the beauty and the harshness of the wilderness, and the interactions between the Navaho and the outsiders. I was amused to find the actual "treasure" at the end of the story - a very nice twist on the usual varieties - and also tickled by Jim Chee's rather casual reaction to it, as well as to the long-hidden body of (purportedly) a legendary outlaw... Very little seems to rattle Chee! ("Rattle". Heh! Don't miss the Chekhov's Rattlesnake scene!)

[There's a TV Tropes page on Hillerman and his work, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cat Rock Park in Weston, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/15/2018 UTC) at Cat Rock Park in Weston, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book somewhere in the park; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***