The Other Story: A Novel

by Tatiana de Rosnay | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dabercro of Clinton, Utah USA on 6/15/2016
Journal Entry 1 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, June 15, 2016
From the book jacket..."Vacationing at a luxurious Tuscan Island resort, Nicholas Duhamel, now a bestselling author, is hopeful that the ghosts of his past have finally been put to rest. When he was twenty-four years old, he stumbled upon a troubling secret about his family--a secret that was carefully concealed. In shock, Nicholas embarked on a journey to uncover the truth that took him from the Basque coast to St. Petersburg--but the answers wouldn't come easily."

My thoughts...I didn't like this book as well as others I have ready by this author. Nicholas has become an overnight success with his bestselling novel that had also been made into a movie. His instant celebrity and wealth have changed him and not for the better. He is at an exclusive resort with his girlfriend to work on his next novel. He does not have another idea for a second novel. His first novel was written from his personal experience. Will he be a one hit wonder"?

Journal Entry 2 by dabercro at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, July 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/17/2016 UTC) at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing on to Aberpeter in WA when I see her this weekend.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, July 18, 2016
thanks dabercro