Skellig (WBN 2015)

by David Almond | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 6/7/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 07, 2016
World Book Night 2015
I remember reading this book whilst at school (10/11 years ago) and really enjoyed it and defiantly think it deserved to be a WBN book :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, June 10, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (6/10/2016 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Going of to MiuM as part of the EU wishlist tag

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, July 05, 2016
Thank you for the wishlist book! It arrived today. Have a nice summer and happy bookcrossing! :)

Journal Entry 4 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 04, 2020
This was an extra-ordinary book, with a weird and grumpy owl-angel creature named Skellig, who the protagonist boy Michael finds in their garage and saves from starvation with Mina, the girl next door.

When Michael's baby sister gets strong and out of danger, Skellig disappears. So, in a way the creature's progress to health is parallel to the baby's. Mina's & Michael's friendship is also very important factor in Michael's coping with the situation.