Saving Grace

by Jane Green | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by snowytiger of Tullinge, Stockholm Sweden on 6/3/2016
Journal Entry 1 by snowytiger from Tullinge, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, June 03, 2016
I expected a simple chick-lit, but it was a really thrilling story.

About the book:

Grace and Ted Chapman are widely regarded as the perfect literary power couple. Ted is a successful novelist and Grace, his wife of twenty years, is beautiful, stylish, carefree, and a wonderful homemaker. But what no one sees, what is churning under the surface, is Ted’s rages. His mood swings. And the precarious house of cards that their lifestyle is built upon. When Ted’s longtime assistant and mainstay leaves, the house of cards begins to crumble and Grace, with dark secrets in her past, is most vulnerable. She finds herself in need of help but with no one to turn to…until the perfect new assistant shows up out of the blue. To the rescue comes Beth, a competent young woman who can handle Ted and has the calm efficiency to weather the storms that threaten to engulf the Chapman household. Soon, though, it’s clear to Grace that Beth might be too good to be true. This new interloper might be the biggest threat of all, one that could cost Grace her marriage, her reputation, and even her sanity. With everything at stake and no one to confide in, Grace must find a way to save herself before it is too late.

Powerful and riveting, Jane Green's Saving Grace will have you on the edge of your seat as you follow Grace on her harrowing journey to rock bottom and back.

Journal Entry 2 by snowytiger at Tullinge, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, July 01, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/28/2016 UTC) at Tullinge, Stockholm Sweden

I brought this book at Gatwick, about a month ago and started reading on the plane home to Stockholm. Now it's on it's way back to England to another BC-member to read.

Journal Entry 3 by Nataliec7 at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 06, 2016
Thanks so much for this book. I eally appreciate it. I love Jane Green books after discovering them from a colleague.I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by Nataliec7 at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, November 02, 2019
I really enjoyed this Jane Green book.
From reading the back of the book, you get an idea about whats going to happen and the moment Beth arrived, I was suspicious of her.
What happens next makes for an interesting read and I was engrossed.
4/5

Journal Entry 5 by Nataliec7 at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, November 17, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (11/17/2019 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going into my wrap it up book box! Enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, November 21, 2019
Taken out of NatalieC's bookbox as the review sticker sounded promising

Journal Entry 7 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, November 29, 2019
A good read ! Grace definitely felt very real and as I noticed some perimenopausal symptoms in myself (weight gain, mood swings, hot flashes) I could certainly relate to her anxiety and feelings. Ted and Beth however were totally flat and one dimensional and apart from Beth being the villain of the story. she was a forgettable character. I whizzed through the book though as I wanted Grace to get her revenge in a way but glad she then decided to turn her life around in a more positive way.