Band of Brothers

by Stephen E. Ambrose | History |
Registered by weegie of Livingston, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/2/2016
Journal Entry 1 by weegie from Livingston, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 02, 2016
Superb book.

Journal Entry 2 by weegie at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 02, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/2/2016 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released in the bar

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, June 03, 2016
Have a re-release plan for this so picked it up at the BookCrossing / book swap Meet-Up Thursday evening.

Fri 12 Aug 2016 - added: sent to honorary BookCrosser MrFlutterbies9 Thu 21 Jul 2016 in celebration of his birthday! And I especially wanted to add the following…

What a complete pip, I’ve just realised I did get a chance to go through quite a bit of this and though I have accidently deleted my exact notes it’s easy to recall I was transfixed! The experiences related from an insiders understanding, I felt straight from the hip and from the heart, were revealing as unforgettable memories if not also descriptions of transforming instances for the individuals concerned. Clear as crystal why this narrative has been so praised, it is an astonishing achievement.

Journal Entry 4 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, July 24, 2016
Thanks for this. Mt Flutterbies9 says he will definitely give this a go and see how he gets on with it.

Journal Entry 5 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, September 06, 2018
Mr Flutterbies9 really enjoyed this book. Although he watched the tv dramatisation of the book (and had thought that he would skim the book because of watching the programme) he still thought it was a very well written account of the paratroopers and found he read it in detail as he was so gripped by the book. He particularly liked the fact that there were additional pieces on some of the characters 'after war' life as well.

He was impressed by the depictions of how well they fought , often without the 'correct' clothes or weapons needed for the job and in the face of their own troops retreating. He gained a better impression of their contributions to three specific theatres of war mentioned in this book and also of the sheer scale of looting by both sides at all times.

Mr Flutterbies9 was so impressed by this book and that he has asked me to pass it on to another reader - one who is not a Bookcrosser, but who likes to read about this subject and likes to reread the books he enjoys best again and again.

Released 1 yr ago (9/7/2018 UTC) at a non-Bookcrossing relative, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Happy travels little book.

To a non Bookcrossing relative who loves books on this genre and will happily re-read those he enjoys.