Live Flesh

by Ruth Rendell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingedithdollwing of Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on 5/17/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingedithdollwing from Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Rescued from the trash 5/12/16 at the Winthrop Public Library, Winthrop, MA
3 Metcalfe Square, Winthrop, MA 02152--617-846-1703

Holding for now.

Journal Entry 2 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, May 21, 2016
Released to another Bookcrosser, Boston Bookcrossing Sat. Meet-up May 2016!

Journal Entry 3 by eponine38 at Brookline, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, May 21, 2016
Caught at the BookCrossing meetup. Looks like a good read.

Journal Entry 4 by eponine38 at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018
This was my first Ruth Rendell book, and while it's not one of her Inspector Wexford mysteries (in fact, not really a mystery at all, but a fascinating psychological study), it made a great impression on me. It's one of those books I just couldn't stop thinking about after reading it.

I felt both compassion for and anger at Victor, with the former transforming into the latter as the book progressed. The characters were all interesting; though the motives of David and Clare were somewhat puzzling...I guess it's all about second chances.

Riveting read - with an unexpected ending.

Amazon:
After ten years in prison for shooting -- and permanently crippling -- a young policeman, Victor Jenner is released to a strange new world and told to make a new life for himself. It's hard to fill the days, but at least there's one blessing -- he was never convicted for all those rapes he committed. Then Victor meets David, the policeman he shot all those years ago, and David's beautiful girlfriend, Clare. And suddenly Victor's new life is starting to look an awful lot like the old one . . .

Journal Entry 5 by eponine38 at Panera Bread - Porter Sq in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/24/2018 UTC) at Panera Bread - Porter Sq in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Coming to the BookCrossing meetup. Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Released for 2018 Head Shoulders Knees and Toes Challenge hosted by awaywithfairies.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by amyem at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, February 26, 2018
Picked up at February 2018 Boston Bookcrossers Meetup and planned for a short stay on my work booksharing shelf.