Shades of Grey

by Jasper Fforde | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by 666Izzy of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 5/1/2016
Journal Entry 1 by 666Izzy from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, May 1, 2016
Hundreds of years in the future, the world is an alarmingly different place. Life is lived according to The Rulebook and social hierarchy is determined by your perception of colour. Eddie Russett is an above average Red who dreams of moving up the leader. Until he is sent to the Outer Fringes where he meets Jane - a lowly Grey with an uncontrollable temper and a desire to see him killed. For Eddie, it's love at first sight. But his infatuation will lead him to discover that all is not as it seems in a world where everything that looks black and white is really shades of grey...

Journal Entry 2 by 666Izzy at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, May 1, 2016
This is an easy read, which did wind me in. The idea of people only being able to see a single colour is interesting, as is the way colour can be used to affect both their mental and physical health. But I didn't find it all that humorous and suspect I missed a lot of the witticisms, wordplay and puns that the 'News of the World' raved about.

Journal Entry 3 by 666Izzy at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 14, 2016

Released 6 yrs ago (5/14/2016 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Local BookCrossers meet, from noon on the second Saturday of every month, at Coffee Link, on Neptune Quay. Why not come along and join us? We're easy to spot - we're the people sitting round a table covered in books!

Journal Entry 4 by Semioticghost at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, July 9, 2016
finally journalling this as the BCID in the front was slightly wrong - a 6 where a 9 should have been. Sorry for the delay!

Released 6 yrs ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Hello! Thanks for visiting this book's journal!

You can make a journal entry here - you can remain anonymous if you want! I hope you enjoy the book and that you'll get a chance to leave it somewhere else for someone else to find in due course. There is an old (but still very informative) article on bookcrossing to be found here:

Journal Entry 6 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 26, 2016
It just occurred to me the other day that I hadn't read a Jasper Fforde for a very long time, and I really didn't mind if I re-read one of his books, so I just wrote his name on the Wishlist I was compiling to take to the UnConvention. I was delighted to find this on the BookBuffet because it is one I haven't yet read.

Journal Entry 7 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, October 24, 2021
I feel so bad about this: I've had this book all this time and now I discover that I really can't get into it. I am increasingly aware of my advancing years and the hundreds of books I have yet to read so I am having to be pragmatic and accept that it is foolish to spend time with a book I am not enjoying to the full.

Journal Entry 8 by jalna at Queen's Square in Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Released 9 mos ago (12/15/2021 UTC) at Queen's Square in Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom

Left on a bench.