The Devil's Apprentice

by Edward Marston | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/22/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 22, 2016
I've recently enjoyed Edward Marston's 14th Elizabethan Theatre mystery featuring Nicholas Bracewell, book holder with Lord Westfield's Men, without realising that I hadn't read the 11th. But then I was faced with my omission, and the means to remedy it, on the shelves of the SCOPE charity shop in Ripon this morning! Success!

Amazon Editorial Review: "Faced with the austerities of a bitterly cold English winter, the theatre is deserted and Westfield’s Men find themselves out of work. Fortuitously, the company is invited to perform at a country home in Essex; welcome news to the disgruntled players. The company decides it’s the perfect opportunity to trial their new play The Witch of Colchester. However, when the group’s leading actor begins to fall mysteriously ill, the company fear witchcraft might be involved. Then on the performance night, an audience member inexplicably collapses and dies, paving the way for Nicholas Bracewell to uncover the cause of the strange events taking place in Silvermere."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 30, 2016
Murder and mayhem in deepest Essex in the depths of Winter!
Another fun mystery from this fun mystery series!

Released 4 yrs ago (5/16/2016 UTC) at Trinity Leeds - CLOSED OBCZ in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be left with the other BookCrossing books during a day trip to Leeds for a performance at Leeds College of Music!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 more than eleven million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 23, 2016
Thank you Nu-Knees! Will get round to reading this eventually along withe the other three I picked up today and the rest of those sat on my shelf at home!

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 08, 2020
I love this series. Great fun and easy reading and this book was no exception. I only wish E. M. would write more in the Restoration series!