A Wild Sheep Chase

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingStoepbrakwing of Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on 3/28/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingStoepbrakwing from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Synopsis (credit: back cover)

His life was like his recurring nightmare: a train to nowhere. But an ordinary life has a way of taking an extraordinary turn. Just add a girl whose ears are so exquisite that, when uncovered, they improve sex a thousand-fold, a runaway friend, a right-wing politico, an ovine-obsessed professor and a manic-depressive in a sheep outfit, and implicate them in a hunt for a sheep that may or may not be running the world.

(Received from someone for BookCrossing purposes.)

The book forms part of my permanent collection.

Journal Entry 2 by wingStoepbrakwing at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This turned out to be the book of Murakami that I enjoyed the most. His writing style is always a pleasure and his ideas interesting but where I often tended to get a bit bored with something towards the end of his books, this novel stayed fresh and interesting.