Their Lips Talk of Mischief

by ALAN WARNER | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 057131127X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Beatfienduk of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/21/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Beatfienduk from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 21, 2016
Definitely not amongst Warner's best. Withnail & I updated to the '80s with literature substituted for acting and pretty uninteresting for all that. Contains no character you can be bothered caring about, at least not in the foreground.

Journal Entry 2 by Beatfienduk at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, August 05, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (8/5/2016 UTC) at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Will be on shelf.

Journal Entry 3 by Random-Poet at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Well Beatfienduk's journal entry doesn't fill me with hope but I'll give it a go!

Journal Entry 4 by Random-Poet at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 20, 2016
I enjoyed this, and there's one scene in it that had me laughing for several minutes which is always a good thing. On the other hand, I didn't think the book overall deserved to be described as comic as it is on the blurb.

I offered this to one of my writing classes, but no-one wanted it, so I'll probably pop it into the book area of the Diggers pub next time I'm down there. Unless anyone from the class changes their minds....

Journal Entry 5 by Random-Poet at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 05, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/4/2016 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

left in the Filmhouse Bar but ask at the bar or at the ticket booth in case they've now got it in lost property.