My Sister's Keeper

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by alexotanil of Pallini, Attica Greece on 4/15/2016
Journal Entry 1 by alexotanil from Pallini, Attica Greece on Friday, April 15, 2016
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate -- a life and a role that she has never challenged... until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister—and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.

A provocative novel that raises some important ethical issues, My Sister's Keeper is the story of one family's struggle for survival at all human costs and a stunning parable for all time.

Hello, I'm a travelling book!!!
I've been to many places and now I am visiting the BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Athens. Take me with you, read me and then please release me again, so that I can make new friends and continue my journey.

Journal Entry 3 by elis-fromSweden at Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, April 22, 2016
I've wanted to read this for very long so it was a joy finding it at the book buffet. I don't find too much time reading these days so I hope it's ok if I hang on to it for a while.