The Way Home: Beyond Feminism, Back to Reality

by Mary Pride | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by wingelizardbreathwing of Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on 4/14/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Thursday, April 14, 2016
I read this a LONG time ago---it was totally life changing and one of the first influences on my growth as a wife, mom, and homemaker. I'm interested to read it again after all this time. Requested from paperbackswap.com.

Journal Entry 2 by wingelizardbreathwing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Sunday, October 13, 2019
I'd not read this book in 15 years, but it was one that really challenged and changed my Feminist thinking and ways. It was a springboard for a whole new me---I'm so thankful. Among so many other things, Mrs. Pride urges parents to take responsibility for the raising of their children and repeatedly admonishes and holds accountable those who don't . She can be harsh---but none of it is untrue, and it's definitely what today's woman needs to hear.

One of my favorite quotes regarding our Titus 2 responsibility to other women is this: "Women today harm themselves terribly by expecting their husband, or male counselor, or male pastor to do for them what other women are meant to do. No man can meet all of a woman's needs. No man ought to have to try! How much less of a strain modern marriage would be if every wife had an understanding and experienced older woman to answer her hard questions and give her support." Yes!! Where are our Titus 2 mentors? I've resolved to be one---to be what I don't currently have.