I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls)

by Ally Carter | Teens |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 4/14/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 14, 2016
Book #1 in the Gallagher Girls Teen series:

The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE, the latest in chemical warfare in science; and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes computer class. So in truth, Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but its really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is a second generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophomore year shes already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti).But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks shes an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her. Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, she's beginning her most dangerous missions, she's falling in love.

I bought this used paperback at a library book sale in Woodstock, Georgia.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 07, 2016
My Review: I read this book awhile ago, it's a fun teen/spy story. I'm interested in reading more in this series. I love the main character, she's smart, sassy and funny.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, May 08, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (5/8/2017 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Starting out in the Variety Genre Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 27, 2017
I pulled this from the Variety bookbox. I love YA books, and as soon as I'm in the mood to read them again (in a memoir mood right now), I'll read this.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Monday, December 24, 2018
This was a fun book to read. I liked the back-and-forth of all the spy/covert ops storyline and the girls being regular teenagers. The author used a lot of imagination. I read this and watched Ocean’s 8 in the same day, sticking with a “girls under cover” theme.

Journal Entry 6 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Monday, April 08, 2019
Adding to the Feminism/Girl Power Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by emmejo at Cortland, New York USA on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
This sounds like a fun, lighthearted read, so I nabbed it from the bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by emmejo at Cortland, New York USA on Sunday, April 28, 2019
As I had anticipated, this was a good light read for a time when I just needed to read something that didn't require too many braincells to be active. It definitely isn't a hard-hitting story, with shallow, silly characters, highly contrived plots, and a basic premise that requires an extra-large dose of suspension of disbelief. This is solidly in the "dramatized teenage life" genre, with only a thin veneer of spy-story. Honestly, there was pretty little I could point to and say I liked about it, but it was engaging enough to get me to finish it, and the breezy writing means it was very quick to finish.

Journal Entry 9 by emmejo at Little Free Library #2086 in Ithaca, New York USA on Thursday, May 02, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (5/1/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library #2086 in Ithaca, New York USA

Added to the LFL