I Want Candy

by Susan Donovan | Romance |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 4/5/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Book #2 in the Bigler, North Carolina Romance series: Candace Carmichael was just getting used to the lavish life when everything went sour. Now the down-on-her-luck real estate agent is back in Bigler, North Carolina, jobless and illegally rooming with her her mother in a swank retirement community. All this makes her wonder why she ever considered her BFF Cheri's invitation to move back home. Life in this small mountain town may not be as glamorous as the one she had in Tampa, but she knows a girl can't be too choosy in this market. Besides, everyone's happy to welcome Candy back - especially one handsome widower named Turner.

Turner has grown up to be one fine-looking piece of man candy - and looks even tastier in his sheriff's uniform. Maybe that's why she couldn't resist kissing him when he pulled her over for a traffic violation. Even if a relationship was part of Candy's business plan, Turner would be off limits - he still wears his wedding ring, four years after his wife died. If falling in love too fast is a crime, Candy is soon guilty as charged and ready to be fingerprinted. But is she ready to lock away her dreams and hand Turner the keys to her heart?

I bought this used paperback at a library sale in Woodstock, Georgia.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 14, 2016
My Review: This is a cute romance, hot in places, humorous in other places. I found it refreshing that the main romance is an interracial couple.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, June 17, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (6/17/2016 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left on the bookshelf when I took Rachel and her friend for lunch, the Chinatown Chicken Salad is awesome. Enjoy the book!