corner corner I Let You Go

I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Florence71 of Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on 4/4/2016

status (set by over-the-moon): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Florence71 from Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Monday, April 04, 2016

From the association "Sos Help" which send books for nothing twice a year. One of my wish-list.
EDIT : 16/01/2017 - Reserved for EarthCaroleanne for his book club (in october).

Journal Entry 2 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Jenna Gray's world collapsed when her 5 year's old son died after a accident car. Her only hope of moving on is to start a new life.
Very good psychological thriller. I have been very surprise by the end of the novel I didn't expect it !

Journal Entry 3 by Florence71 at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/1/2017 UTC) at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom

Happy that my book continues his journey to you Earthcaroleanne ! Happy reading !

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 08, 2017

This has arrived, thank you very much. Thanks too for the bookmark. I also love Vermeer.

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I usually do my reading on my commute but this is one of the few books that I have sat down and finished at home. It has a very clever plot which you think you know but then you find there is so much more to find out. Creatively written, the storyline pulls the reader so many different ways with many twists and turns and very shocking descriptions of domestic violence. Loved the characters each written with so much depth to make each one so real in my imagination.

ETA - someone at book group has recommended this author's second book too, I See You (not a sequel).

Journal Entry 6 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (12/12/2017 UTC) at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Sending to someone who has it on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Thank you very much for this wishlist surprise, earthcaroleanne! Much apprectiated.

Journal Entry 8 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, April 19, 2018

Great book! I didn't see the big twist coming, and even though after that I more or less figured the rest out, it was still a really good read and you're never quite sure what will happen next.

Journal Entry 9 by wingFifnawing at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Thursday, April 19, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

Taking it to the Bordeaux Convention.

Journal Entry 10 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 20, 2018

The box of books I posted to the convention has gone missing so I've picked this up to use at the book swap game as I've already read and enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 11 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Friday, April 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/21/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

Taking for the book swap game at the convention.

Journal Entry 12 by wingover-the-moonwing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Monday, April 23, 2018

My prize in the bookswap game. I'm told it's very good, so am looking forward to reading it, even though the back cover says "Did you love Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train?" Well, no, I didn't... so am crossing my fingers that this is better. Sometimes publishers should be more careful about what they put in the back cover blurb.

Journal Entry 13 by wingover-the-moonwing at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Monday, May 07, 2018

It's better than Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train.

Even though I was aware that there was an "astonishing twist", as we are told on the front cover, I was surprised by it. An interesting exercise in leading the reader up the garden path. There are some very cruel scenes of domestic abuse that hurt just to read them. I almost finished the book in one go but about 50 pages before the end I had to put it aside as someone came to stay with me and I couldn't get any reading done. Things are back to normal now.

On the negative side, some of the narrators tell their story in the present tense, which is something I never feel comfortable with. But it's modern, I know...

I want to read the beginning again to understand how I was tricked into believing the wrong thing.

Journal Entry 14 by wingover-the-moonwing at Restaurant Vapiano in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Thursday, May 31, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (6/5/2018 UTC) at Restaurant Vapiano in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland

You’ve found a bookcrossing book! If you’ve no idea what it is, then read on.
The original idea behind bookcrossing was to track books left “in the wild”, for someone to find. Over the years it has developed into a worldwide community of friendly and generous readers who love to swap, share or give away their books.
So – read, review, release, and track!
You can remain anonymous, or find yourself a good nickname and join in. There are several active forums (in many languages) where you can find the answer to all your questions.
I hope you feel at home here and that you enjoy reading and then sharing this book!

Taking it to our Tuesday meetup.