Pollyanna

by Eleanor H. Porter | Children's Books |
Registered by wingSonkkuwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 3/27/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingSonkkuwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, March 27, 2016
When orphaned 11-year-old Pollyanna comes to live with austere and wealthy Aunt Polly, her philosophy of gladness brings happiness to her aunt and other members of the community, somewhat to their surprise.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSonkkuwing at Dallas, Texas USA on Saturday, December 10, 2016
Very good book. I have read one Polyanna book in Finnish and when I started to read this book, I thought that this one would be the one which I have read and second book (Polyanna grows up) is new book to me. Little while in beginning I was confused because it was different than what I was read before, then I realized that the book which I have read in Finnish was in fact the second book. This was good and I get some more back round to Polyanna's life from this book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Thank you for the book, Sonkku!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 29, 2023
What a lovely book! I read Pollyanna as a child and I do remember only Be glad game. I really enjoyed reading this story. The book was first published in 1913.
Wikipedia says this is a very religious story. I did not notice it. Is this not the original story or did I not notice its religiousness because my childhood was very religious too?
Maybe I should compare this book to the text in Gutenberg Project...

122 pages

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, December 30, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/30/2023 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

To the meet-up in Kerava.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, December 31, 2023
The book came back home.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Saturday, January 13, 2024

Released 4 mos ago (1/13/2024 UTC) at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

Otan kirjan Kauppakeskus Goodmanin miittiin mukaan.

Mukavia lukuhetkiä!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 28, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (1/28/2024 UTC) at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Porvoon miittiin mukaan lähtee tämä kirja.
Mielenkiintoisia lukuhetkiä!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnneliswing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

On the book buffet, or released somewhere round Tampere.

Journal Entry 10 by wingLotty_wing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
I've taken this one from the Bookcrossing Convention in Tampere.

Released 3 wks ago (4/28/2024 UTC) at airport library (next to gate 2) in Tallinn, -- Airports & Planes -- Estonia

Fly and be free!