The Riddle and the Knight: In Search of Sir John Mandeville

by Giles Milton | History | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0340819456 Global Overview for this book
Registered by saarahoo of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 3/26/2016
Journal Entry 1 by saarahoo from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 26, 2016
From cover:
In 1322, Sir John Mandeville left England on a thirty-four year pilgrimage. He returned and wrote a book claiming it was possible to sircumnavigate the globe. For centuries none doubted Sir John, many regarding him, not Chaucer, as the father of English literature. In the nineteenth century sceptics questioned his voyage, and suspected he never left England at all. The Riddle and the Knight investigates if Mandeville really made his voyage pr whether his book The Travels was a work of imaginative fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by saarahoo at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (4/12/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Released at the local bc meet today.

Journal Entry 3 by Crataegus at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
I came to today's Helsinki Bookcrossing meeting with absolutely no idea what was in store for me. I left with 19 books!! I'm excted to bring most of these home.

Thank you for the warm welcome Saarahoo. I'll try to take at least one of your books home to Canada - but I'm not sure how many of them can fit in my luggage!

Journal Entry 4 by Crataegus at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (4/16/2016 UTC) at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

Handed off to bookcrosser sannuli today in Joensuu. It was really nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, April 16, 2016
Thank you! It was nice to meet you! :)

Released 1 mo ago (1/19/2019 UTC) at Pääkirjasto, vaihtohylly in Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

Happy reading!