Four walls

by Vangelis Hatziyannidis | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by alexotanil of Pallini, Attica Greece on 3/24/2016
Journal Entry 1 by alexotanil from Pallini, Attica Greece on Thursday, March 24, 2016
“The bees flew away to an island in order to pollinate the most brilliant idea we have read in a Greek book in years.”—Vitrine magazine

Following the death of his beekeeper father, P Rodakis lives a solitary life in the old family house on a Greek island. He takes in a young fugitive woman and her daughter. Thanks to his father’s secret recipe, they produce delicious honey that becomes highly sought after. P Rodakis is captured and imprisoned by a jealous monk who wants the power of the honey for himself. Rosa goes in search of her real father and incest and imprisonment become the themes explored in this powerful novel.

Hello, I'm a travelling book!!!
I've been to many places and now I am visiting the BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Athens. Take me with you, read me and then please release me again, so that I can make new friends and continue my journey.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 22, 2016
Picked up from the book buffet tonight. I am looking forward to reading something by a Greek author.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 01, 2016
A very strange, but atmospheric book. Some of the skipping forward in time got confusing at time (I never did figure out exactly how old the 'daughter' was at some points), and most of the characters were pretty unpleasant, but I still enjoyed a lot of the story. And of course, just reading a book by a Greek author after having visited Greece myself was cool :-)

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 5 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 02, 2016
Pick up at the meet up today and looking forward to reading it.