Persuasion

Registered by alexotanil of Pallini, Attica Greece on 3/24/2016
Journal Entry 1 by alexotanil from Pallini, Attica Greece on Thursday, March 24, 2016
Twenty-seven-year old Anne Elliot is Austen's most adult heroine. Eight years before the story proper begins, she is happily betrothed to a naval officer, Frederick Wentworth, but she precipitously breaks off the engagement when persuaded by her friend Lady Russell that such a match is unworthy. The breakup produces in Anne a deep and long-lasting regret. When later Wentworth returns from sea a rich and successful captain, he finds Anne's family on the brink of financial ruin and his own sister a tenant in Kellynch Hall, the Elliot estate. All the tension of the novel revolves around one question: Will Anne and Wentworth be reunited in their love?

Jane Austen once compared her writing to painting on a little bit of ivory, 2 inches square. Readers of Persuasion will discover that neither her skill for delicate, ironic observations on social custom, love, and marriage nor her ability to apply a sharp focus lens to English manners and morals has deserted her in her final finished work.

Hello, I'm a travelling book!!!
I've been to many places and now I am visiting the BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Athens. Take me with you, read me and then please release me again, so that I can make new friends and continue my journey.