The Policy

by Bentley Little | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0451209540 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 2/27/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Friday, February 27, 2004
From the back cover:

Unemployed, divorced, and living in a new state, Hunt Jackson would be considered a risk by most insurance companies. Lucky for him, he's found one that will take him. All he has to do is sign on the dotted line--and note the minor provisions:

If we abuse you over the phone, don't hang up.
If we vandalize your home, don't get mad.
If we authorize treatment at an isolated hospital that's strangely empty, don't get scared.
One more Thing:

If we require a pound of flesh for our investment, don't bother running. It's just...
THE POLICY.

Off to my TBR this one goes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, June 26, 2005
Just finished this one. My third Little novel, and he has yet to let me down. I loved this tale. Had some truly creepy moments (the babies in Mexico being one of the creepiest things I've ever read). And working in the Health Insurance industry, as well as coming from a line of insurance agents, it was a blast to read such a devilishly twisted side of the industry.

I will add this to the community bookshelf on my desk at work....

*** UPDATE November 2005

Book was first taken by one coworker, then another... a very nice lady named Cheryl was last seen with The Policy (ironic as we work for a health insurance company, don't you think?). Perhaps the book will check in with us sometime in the future.