Codex Born: (Magic Ex Libris: Book Two)

by Jim C. Hines | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2016
Love this series and I desperately want a fire spider.

From Indigo.ca:
Five hundred years ago, Johannes Gutenberg discovered the art of libriomancy, allowing him to reach into books to create things from their pages. Gutenberg’s power brought him many enemies, and some of those enemies have waited centuries for revenge. Revenge which begins with the slaughter of two teenaged werewolves in the northern Michigan town of Tamarack.
Libriomancer Isaac Vainio is part of Die Zwelf Portenære, better known as the Porters, the organization founded by Gutenberg to protect the world from magical threats. Isaac is called in to investigate the killings, along with Porter psychiatrist Nidhi Shah and their dryad bodyguard Lena Greenwood. Born decades ago from the pages of a pulp fantasy novel, Lena was created to be the ultimate fantasy woman, strong and deadly, but shaped by the needs and desires of her companions. Her powers are unique, and Gutenberg’s enemies hope to use those powers for themselves. But their plan could unleash a far darker evil…

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the Calgary Bookcrossing meeting to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 3 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 21, 2016
Picked this up at March's meeting. Another great meeting with 9 people in attendance including two newbies. Adding this to my to be read shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 09, 2016
Great book, I love this series. I really love all the characters and wish they were real and could come to our BookCrossing meetings. Issac's love of reading is contagious and it made me love books that much more. Based on how this ends I am guessing there is another book, I really want to read it!!!!!

Journal Entry 5 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 09, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/9/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the BookCrossing meeting today, it should go home with a reader.

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Picked up at the April meeting!

Journal Entry 7 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 14, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (5/14/2016 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the May meet up for the "Useful or Unusual books" theme!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 8 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 14, 2016
Picked up today at the meetup. Enjoyed my quick visit and hope to be back soon.

Journal Entry 9 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Isaac is a bit overwhelmed with the level of evil he encounters but like the Timex watch, he takes a licking and keeps on ticking.....

Journal Entry 10 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (8/13/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary Bookcrossing Meetup today.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Just returned from the August meet up at Cravings and have just about as many books as I brought. Looking forward to this series.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
My husband keeps saying "Do you have to keep reading???" YES! Now I need to read the next one. Minerva - a fire spider might accidentally scorch your wonderful birds! Can't believe I waited this long to read these two books.

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 13, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the July meetup at Cravings!

Journal Entry 14 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing July meet-up. And book two because I know book one will be good.

Journal Entry 15 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 07, 2018
Lena's backstory still bothers me. Sure, the author tries to explain it away by saying she was written by a terrible writer who wanted to write about shapely warrior women slaved to their emotions, but it's still weird. I continue to love the references to the shows I enjoy; Lena mentions an Eleventh Doctor quote in passing (from the episode "A Christmas Carol" if anyone is curious). The ending sets up an interesting twist and I'm curious to see where the series goes from here.

Journal Entry 16 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (9/8/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing September meet-up.

Journal Entry 17 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 15, 2018
picked up at the Calgary August meeting

Journal Entry 18 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Finished this book and went straight to the library to get the next two book of this series!

Journal Entry 19 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 25, 2019
Late journal entry!

Picked up the second of this series too at the January Calgary BookCrossing meetup. Didn't think I had my name in this one but it sounds like fun!