The Red Magician

by Lisa Goldstein | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 076535912X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2016
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk A young European girl, unaware of the Nazi threat, has her life transformed by a red-haired magician who challenges the complacency of her village. "Turns the hidden world of Eastern European Jews during the 1940s into a world of wonders, then transcends the Holocaust with magical optimism."--The New York Times.

THE RED MAGICIAN by LISA GOLDSTEIN (1982) ISBN: 9780765359124 (USA PB) Publisher: Starscape Books

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/10/2016 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

THE RED MAGICIAN sounds like both a magical and challenging book; live with the reports of exceptionally frightening times and lightened by the trials of thinking positively in defiance of that darkness. Inundated with books I’m passing this on unread. Originally planned for a Christmas 2015, BookCrossing surprise RABCK, a family accident intervened and the parcel was instead posted close to Valentine’s Day in February 2016 .

The Red Magician travelled in a parcel of four slim volumes comprising;
~ STOLEN by LUCY CHRISTOPHER
~ THE THIRTEENTH MEMBER by MOLLIE HUNTER
~ HOW I LIVE NOW by MEG ROSOFF
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/ 12967170

Hoping Bookcrosser Haugtussa you find some intrigued readers to get well and truly gripped by these books, kind regards rainbow3.

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Sunday, April 24, 2016
Got this book ages ago, but due to some fiddling about with the BCID I did not get round to register it until today. It is currently the book which I read as I walk to work.

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, June 10, 2016
Quite a nice read. The horrors of the Nazies camouflaged in a magicians world.

Released 7 mos ago (9/11/2018 UTC) at Antikvariatet - Little Free Library in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

Velkommen til BookCrossing!

Takk for at du fant boka.
Vær vennlig å skriv en kommentar på www.bookcrossing.com, så får vi vite hva som har skjedd med boka.
Du kan være anonym om du vil eller enda kjekkere: bli medlem (det er gratis).
Om du leser boka så kan du skrive hva du synes om den.
Om du slipper den fri igjen så fortell gjerne om det også.
Om du blir medlem så kan du få email som forteller hva som skjer med boka i fremtiden - spennende!

Er det noe du lurer på så sende gjerne et PM (personal message) til meg, Haugtussa, og spør.
Lykke til som bokkrysser.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Thursday, September 20, 2018
The book is written in an easy english and was nice to read. Many interesting descriptions. For me just a bit too much fantasy:-)
Took it with me to germany.