Phoenix Rising

by Karen Hesse | Teens | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0590619667 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/7/2016
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, March 7, 2016
From the book tent at the Punahou Carnival: for 20¢ I'm willing to give it a try. :)

Thirteen-year-old Nyle lives with her grandmother on a sheep farm in Vermont. After a disastrous accident at a nearby nuclear facility, they take in two evacuees who were exposed to the radiation. Nyle wants nothing to do with fifteen-year-old Ezra, who has radiation poisoning - after all, both her mother and her grandfather have died in that same back room. Why would she want to have anything to do with someone who is doomed?

This is the first time I've encountered a character named Nyle, but I do know a wonderful harpist/organist/accompanist named Nyle. :D

(Larger photo here - after following link, click on image to zoom.)

Counting this as my 2016 Vermont read for NancyNova's 2015-2016 50 States reading challenge.
2016 states read (13/51): AL CA CO GA ID IA MA MO MT NM NY VT WY

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Ross Dress for Less - Ward in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (3/8/2016 UTC) at Ross Dress for Less - Ward in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left hanging from the new mural in the Ross parking lot.

Wild released for Secretariat's Oh, the Places We Can Go challenge and AlterEgoZoe's Leap into the Wild Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books...or a little like geocaching - you can follow the book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, March 11, 2016
I realized the next day that I hadn't chosen a good spot - the book spent most of its time behind a parked truck. So since it was still there, I re-located it to hang from the fence instead.