The Cleverness Of Ladies (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 034900028X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Cfreckle of Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/4/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Cfreckle from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 04, 2016
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Cfreckle, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 04, 2016
There are times when ladies must use all their wisdom and good sense to face life's problems and mysteries. Mma Ramotswe, owner of the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, keeps her wits about her as she looks into why the country's star goalkeeper isn't saving goals. Georgina turns her rudeness into a virtue when she opens a successful hotel. Italian shop-keeper Fabrizia shows her bravery when her husband betrays her. And in Suffolk during the Second World War, gentle La proves that music really can make a difference.

With his trademark gift for storytelling, international bestselling author Alexander McCall Smith brings us five tales of love, heartbreak, hope and the cleverness of ladies.

Journal Entry 3 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (5/11/2016 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

I'm sending this to a sweepstake winner.

I hope you enjoy it x

Journal Entry 4 by pinkoeria at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2016
Thank you so much for this book and all the goodies!

Journal Entry 5 by pinkoeria at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 28, 2016
This was a nice little read. I usually don't care that much for short stories, but this one was perfect for the circumstances.

Journal Entry 6 by pinkoeria at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 14, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/17/2016 UTC) at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom

To my Halloween exchange partner. Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2016
Thank you for an amazing Halloween package!
I've already read this one and enjoyed it, I will find this copy a new reader as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 18, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (7/19/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to one of the winners in my 14th BC Anniversary RABCK, hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 22, 2019
received in the post today from Yorkshire Lass as part of her 14th anniversary RABCK. Thanks very much.

Journal Entry 10 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 29, 2019
REVIEW:-"I didn't realise this book consisted of short stories when I requested it so it wasn't quite what I expected. However I quite enjoyed the Mma Ramotswe story as I love the ladies detective agency series and had forgotten that story which apparently was taken from a full length novel I'd already read some time ago.

The second story about Georgina was mildly amusing but I didn't believe that her brusque manner would have been so popular with hotel guests. I certainly wouldn't want her in charge of anywhere I was intending to stay!

The 3rd story, Fabrizia, was a bit boring and predictable and reminded me again why I'm not fond of short stories.
Namaqualand Daisies I found hard to fathom and the last and longest story was a condensed version of La's Orchestra Saves the World which I've read recently so I didn't read that one.
I don't think I would bother to read any further short story anthologies by this author but I'm very keen to read any more detective agency ones that I haven't come across so far."

Released today at my local Boots chemists store on a bookshelf which raises money for a cancer charity.

Released 2 mos ago (7/29/2019 UTC) at Boots the chemists, charity book stall in North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was left on the charity bookshelf by the counter.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 12 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 19, 2019
This book seems to have been taken from the Boots bookshelf. Maybe it will even get another journal entry in due course 😀??