Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be

by Marshall Goldsmith, Mark Reiter | Business & Investing |
Registered by nice-cup-of-tea of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 2/22/2016
Journal Entry 1 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, February 22, 2016
Some interesting ideas. Excellent speaker, heard him talk to Learning Technologies 2016

In business, the right behaviours matter. But getting it right is tricky. Even when we acknowledge the need to change what we do and how we do it, life has a habit of getting in the way, upsetting even the best-laid plans. And just how do we manage those situations that can provoke even the most rational among us into behaving in ways we would rather forget?
Triggers confronts head-on the challenges of behaviour and change, looking at the external factors (or 'triggers') - both negative and positive - that affect our behaviours, our awareness of when we need to change, our willingness (or otherwise) to do so and our ability to see the change through.
Drawing on his unparalleled experience as an international executive educator and coach, Marshall Goldsmith invites us to understand how our own beliefs and the environments in which we operate can trigger negative behaviours, or a resistance to the need to change. But he also offers up some simple, practical advice to help us navigate the negative and make the most of the triggers that will help us to sustain positive change.