The Monogram Murders (Hercule Poirot Mystery 1)

by Sophie Hannah | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Chocbrownie of Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on 2/18/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Chocbrownie from Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Thursday, February 18, 2016
Purchased this in at an amazing bookstall (I could have spent loads but resisted!) in a Bath market to read and send as a RABCK to someone that joined my bookrays.

Journal Entry 2 by Chocbrownie at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Sunday, March 13, 2016
I'm sure Sophie Hannah has made a good stab at writing in the style of Agatha Christie or she wouldn't have been allowed to publish this! - based on this assumption I personally, would avoid Christie's Poirot novels in the future. He is too finicky a character - so obsessed in the detail, the story became too convoluted and dragged towards the end. I didn't like Poirot's condescending treatment of his policeman colleague - Catchpool or the manner in which he spoke (always using his name first?!!). My French is appalling so I should also have had a dictionary to aid translating.
This would not, however, put me off trying one of Sophie Hannah's crime novels as she states in the front of the book that this style was quite different to her usual.

Journal Entry 3 by Chocbrownie at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, March 14, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/14/2016 UTC) at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom

RABCK to Silver-Greece as I wasn't able to include some wishlist books when I sent the Bookray books recently - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Another lovely surprise. It's great to find good books waiting for you!
Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 5 by Silver-Greece at Telephone Box Library in Boxworth, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (4/15/2017 UTC) at Telephone Box Library in Boxworth, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

I finally went there. What a nice idea!