Last Rituals

by Yrsa Sigurdardottir | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmotherof11wing of Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on 2/17/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingmotherof11wing from Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, February 17, 2016
When a young man is found brutally murdered, his eyes gouged out and a strange symbol carved on his body, young attorney Thora is hired by his family to find out the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmotherof11wing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, March 18, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/19/2016 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

This wishlist book goes to Boekentrol.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, March 20, 2016
Thank you so much, motherof11, for taking this wishlist book tonthe meeting in Leeuwarden! I've heared a lot about this writer and I'm very pleased to be able to read one of her books now.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Reserved to be read and taken to Bordeaux for... Well that's a surprise :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, January 28, 2018
A nice book.
Quite strange, due to the inclination of the victim and his personal history.
I must admit that I didn't find it very thrilling (suspenseful) and at times I lost track of the explanations on the history of witchcraft. Nevertheless it was a nice book to read, not to be compared with a legal thriller, despite one of the main characters is a lawyer.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Hello there, fellow BookCrosser!
When going through my books in preparation for the Convention, I found this book that happens to be on your wishlist. The decision to take it with me was quickly made :-)

I hope you like the book!
Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, April 20, 2018
Thank you so much for thinking of me!

ETA: The book is quite slow (literary nothing happens until the climax). Thora is quite unlikable and the bits of her personal life didn't add anything to the story. I gave the book 4 stars since I was really satisfied with the ending

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, May 05, 2018
Is going to mscar next. Congrats on winning INTL' sweeps!

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/8/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Congrats on winning the sweeps!
I've rated this book 4 stars. The pacing is a little slow, but I really enjoyed the resolution of the mystery. I hope you'll like it too.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: graphic depiction of body modifications, post-mortem body mutilation, profanity, cheating

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 10 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 31, 2018
Thank you for sending me this mystery. I have only seen the author's name on other bookcrossers' wish lists and have been interested to read something by her.

------------------------------
Updated January 13, 2019

I enjoyed the book. The parts about history and witchcraft do slow the story, but there is enough intrigue to keep me interested. The book is less gruesome than I expected, and I think it is a good thing.

Reserved for J4shaw as a wish list tag.

Journal Entry 11 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

For the wishlist tag game. Tag forward requested by J4shaw. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 21, 2019
Thanks, mcsar for sending this book and J4shaw for forwarding the tag! I recently finished Why Did You Lie by the same author and loved it, so I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.