Death Note Vol 1

by Tsugumi Ohba | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 2/13/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, February 13, 2016
A pretty dream

that sparkles in the light,
then turns black.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/4/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book has become part of nimrodiel's Manga & Graphic novel bookbox! :)

As usual, I'm trying to put a variety of types in here, so there's lots of stuff that people haven't seen before. That's not really true of this manga, which is pretty well known, but it is a fun one! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017
This came back in my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, December 03, 2018
A good friends daughter was very into this series in high school. So I was familiar with the story due to the anime. I enjoyed this first volume immensely. This is a series I have been wanting to try for awhile, so it was nice to find the first two volumes in my manga box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (4/22/2019 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

adding to my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, May 15, 2019
It looks as though nearly all the participants have read at least the first two "Death Note" books, so I'm claiming them from the Manga and Graphic Novel bookbox. I read and loved the series some time back, and have also enjoyed the anime and (to a lesser extent) the live-action movies.

The concept: A shinigami (a kind of death-god) drops his mystical Death Note, which can cause the death of anyone whose name is inscribed in it. A bright but bored young man named Light finds the note and decides that he can think of a few people who deserve to be killed - but once he gets going, his actions attract the notice of the police, and of the mysterious super-detective L. Once L runs a gambit that reveals more about Light than he's comfortable with, it kicks off a game of wits and death that is convoluted, creepy, and riveting.

The series is simply wonderful - great characters, intricate plots, suspense, drama, touches of humor - really marvelous!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the series and adaptations that's very entertaining.]

Released 2 mos ago (5/16/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library (Winnacunnet Rd.) in Hampton, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the charming Little Free Library in-a-tree; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***