Black Powder War

by Naomi Novik | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by locker-monster of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 2/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by locker-monster from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 12, 2016
Welcome to BookCrossing! This book is now yours to do with as you please. Keep it and read it or pass it on after you're done. Before you do, please considering making a quick journal entry. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Journal Entry 2 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 12, 2016
Third book in the Temeraire series. I didn't like this one as much since Will and Temeraire don't have their aerial group to back them up. The team dynamic between the various dragons was the best part about book one. This book does introduce a new dragon who you will either love or hate.
-------------------
After their fateful adventure in China, Capt. Will Laurence of His Majesty's Aerial Corps and his extraordinary dragon, Temeraire, are waylaid by a mysterious envoy bearing urgent new orders from Britain. Three valuable dragon eggs have been purchased from the Ottoman Empire, and Laurence and Temeraire must detour to Istanbul to escort the precious cargo back to England. Time is of the essence if the eggs are to be borne home before hatching.

Yet disaster threatens the mission at every turn–thanks to the diabolical machinations of the Chinese dragon Lien, who blames Temeraire for her master's death and vows to ally herself with Napoleon and take vengeance. Then, faced with shattering betrayal in an unexpected place, Laurence, Temeraire, and their squad must launch a daring offensive. But what chance do they have against the massed forces of Bonaparte's implacable army?

Journal Entry 3 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (2/13/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing this book on to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing February meet-up.

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Picked up at the February meeting. Super stoked - thank you!!

Journal Entry 5 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the March meet up for the "Series" theme! Another exciting set of travels and then she caught the feel of campaign quite well. I kept wishing I knew the Napoleonic wars a bit better since I kept expecting them to end up at Waterloo.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 14, 2016
Well - picked this up at the March meet up at Cravings. Good to see everyone again!

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, March 08, 2018
OK - my husband said, as he handed the book over to me after finishing it - "You were wrong, it is NOT a set of three. There's more! " That prepared me to know it was not going to be resolved.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the March Meetup at Cravings.

Journal Entry 9 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 11, 2018
Missed registering this one.

Picked up at the March meeting.

Journal Entry 10 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019
Ok, I'm in the groove of these books now. This was a good episode in this series -- a villain surfaces(!), and things are coming together. I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic of things in the next book.

Journal Entry 11 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (1/11/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing to the January Calgary BookCrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 12 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Picked up at the monthly Book Crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant

Journal Entry 13 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2020
I found this one dragging a bit at parts, but I still very much enjoyed this one. Don't want to give anything away, but I quite liked the new addition ;)

Journal Entry 14 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (1/11/2020 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Will release at the monthly book crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 15 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2020
Caught at local meetup

Journal Entry 16 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 23, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (5/23/2020 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Handoff to fellow book-crosser.

Journal Entry 17 by Mateya_Foster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 11, 2020
Caught through a private handoff from another member. Book 3 of a trilogy