Brideshead Revisited

by Evelyn Waugh | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 2/8/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, February 08, 2016
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, February 03, 2017
The story starts in World War II, when the hero is stationed at one of England's manor homes. It happens to be one he's very familiar with, and thus the recollections of events between the two world wars are jarred. He was at school with the younger son of the manor's family and despite a relative's warning, took up with him. Visits to the manor bring him in contact with the dysfunctional family. Mother is wedded to her Catholic religion, father lives abroad with his mistress, older brother is pompous, the sister... Our hero falls in love with the sister. Not surprising since he's been so taken with her brother from the start. But the romance is eventually doomed.

The descriptions are lyrical, but the story's kind of boring. I was glad when I finished the book. This is a 1001 book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at somewhere in Cape Coral in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, February 03, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/3/2017 UTC) at somewhere in Cape Coral in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! For Valentine Release Challenge (Bride) and Head Shoulder Knee and Toes Release Challenge 2017